FFMBC 0.4 Now Available
A little over one month since the release candidate was made available, FFMBC has officially rolled our version 0.4. Lots of useful and interesting updates for our favourite open source video transcoding tool:
– Sync on FFmpeg svn r21845.
– Full support for reading and writing covert art in mp3 and iTunes m4a,m4v,mp4.
– “-coverfile” commandline option to set a cover file. png,jpg,bmp supported.
– Correctly write Quicktime metadata as utf-8.
– Fixed a bug with temporal offset when muxing mpeg-2 long gop in MXF.
– Huge speedup when opening Quicktime and mpeg-4 files.
– Timecode for Quicktime and MXF files can now be set when stream copying.
– Added x264 sources in contrib directory, git 5b86182d1240b441f28462abf3d40b7371de5ba3
– Enable pthreads by default.
– Fixed a bug with interlaced VC-3 decoding.
– Integrate libavfilter. New commandline option -vf, see doc/libavfiter.texi
– Auto-rotate iPhone 3GS files.
– Support lyrics in mp3 and iTunes m4a,m4v,mp4.
– Automatically set current UTC time in created files.
– New AVFMT_HAS_PTS flag in AVInputFormat to specify that format has pts.
– Write and read metadata “reel_name” in mov timecode track if present.
– MPEG TS muxer now produces streams playable by VLC and Quicktime.
For me, the two most interesting updates in this list are the fixed VC-3 bug and the ability to now set timecode when copying QuickTime and MXF files.
FFMBC version 0.4 can be directly downloaded from here.