Kdenlive 0.7.5 Released
Popular open source non-linear video editing tool Kdenlive has just seen version 0.7.5 released. The team are making pretty regular releases and updates to this software. It’s good to see some decent velocity behind this project.
There’s an interesting Discover Kdenlive 0.7.5 page available, outlining the main changes without having to wade through heavy release notes. The main changes in this version include:
- Timeline vertical zoom (make tracks smaller or larger in one click)
- Stability improvement (fix issues with clip and group move / delete)
- Non realtime playing in monitors, allows to see your editing frame by frame
- Keyframe editor for effects
- Template text clips
- Improved titler (allow for right / bottom alignment of objects), allow unicode characters
- New dialog reporting missing clips when opening a project
- Save a copy of the Project Profile in Kdenlive document to make it easier to work on another computer
- Save last used Rendering Profile in document so it appears by default when reopening
- Rewrote and improved the thumbnail creator (that creates preview thumbs for your project file for KDE’s file managers)
A new version of the MLT framework (Media Lovin’ Toolkit now at 4.4) that Kdenlive is built on top of was also released today.