FFmbc v0.5 Available
It has been announced as available for a while now, but only recently was the download made publically available again for FFmbc 0.5. Lead developer Baptiste is doing a super job moving this project forward, but really needs the support from more media professionals to fully realise the early promise of this open source, broadcast media focused, transcoding solution.
FFmbc 0.5 download available here.
FFmbc 0.5 feature updates include:
- Sync on FFmpeg svn r25202.
- Yadif video deinterlacing filter.
- Overlay video filter.
- Fade video filter.
- HQDn3d video filter.
- Rename ffmpeg binary to ffmbc.
- FFmbc is now GPL only.
- Disable shared libraries.
- Remove -s resizing output cli option, use -vf scale.
- 23.98 and 24 fps support in MXF muxer.
- Mpeg-2 aspect ratio bitstream filter, to change aspect ratio without reencoding.
- Fix an issue with -async and audiomerge.
- Fix an issue with the fade filter.
- Write interlacing information in mov files, fix deinterlacing with quicktime player.
- Correctly support interlaced in yuv4mpeg and quicktime.
- Display interlacing when printing information.
- Fix an issue with resampling and audiomerge.